About this site
The mission of the HEADING FOR SUCCESS site is to better inform youth about the excellent employment opportunities and careers offered that demand either high school vocational training or CEGEP technical training. The site and the promotional activities that revolve around it are there to demonstrate that an education from a vocational or technical program can help a person obtain an interesting, fulfilling and well paying career.
The promotional campaign Heading for Success is an initiative of la Commission des partenaires du marché du travail (CPMT) and its members in collaboration with Emploi-Québec and le ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
Other partners of the Québec Government in this initiative: the Association québécoise d'information scolaire et professionnelle (AQISEP), Compétences Québec and l'Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d'orientation et des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec (OCCOPPQ).
The campaign is partially funded by Québec's Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport, through the Canada-Québec Agreement on Minority-Language Education and Second-Language Instruction.
Information transmitted automatically
As soon as you access headingforsuccess.com, your computer and the government server automatically exchange information, without identifying you personally.
The following data is recorded:
- The name of the Internet domain through which you accessed the site (e.g. “company.com” if you use a private Internet access account or “university.edu” if you use a university access account);
- Your IP address (a numeric address automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet access provider each time you surf the Web);
- The type of browser and the operating system used to access the site;
- The date and time you access the site;
- The pages you visit;
- The address of the referral site (if you get to headingforsuccess.com from another site).
This exchange of information is necessary so that the server can send you files that will be compatible with the computer equipment you use. Only some details are kept for statistical purposes, such as the number of visits, the most frequently viewed pages, the technology used by the site’s clientele, referral sites and surfers’ countries of origin. In addition, the Québec government records the number of visitors using a security logging table.
Transmission of personal information
In accordance with the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, the ministère or the organization asking for your personal information is required to prove the necessity of collecting this information (Section 64), to identify itself and to inform you (Section 65):
- of the use to which the information will be put;
- of the categories of persons who will have access to the information;
- of the fact that a reply is obligatory, or that it is optional;
- of the consequences for the person concerned or, as the case may be, for the third person, in case of a refusal to reply;
- of the rights of access and correction provided by law.”
If you decide to send us personal information – by e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it through our site – we will use only the information required to answer your message. Electronic messages will be treated with the same level of confidentiality as those received by mail.
Personal information sent to us will not be communicated to any other government organization, except for requests intended for another organization or a communication required by law. Information sent will not be used, under any circumstances, to establish user profiles and will not be sent to any private organization.