Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
Other titles : applesauce processor operator, bagging machine setter, basket unloader, beer filter operator, beer pasteurizer, beverage-canning machine operator, blanching machine tender, bread slicer operator, bread-slicing machine operator, brewer, brewhouse operator, brine tank separator tender, canned goods cooker, canning machine operator, cheese cooker, chocolate refiner, cider plant worker, cigar bunch maker, conche machine tender, distillery press operator, fruit presser, grain-processing machine operator, honey-processing equipment operator, instant powdered foods equipment operator, mingler tender, packaging machine adjuster, pressurized container filler, wine pasteurizer, yeast cutter or dryer
Process control and machine operators in this unit group operate multi-function process control machinery and single-function machines to process and package food, beverage and associated products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries, leaf tobacco products plants and other food, beverage and associated products processing establishments.
Main duties :
- Operate multi-function process control machinery through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to grind, extract, mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products and to bag, box or otherwise package food products
- Operate multi-function process control machinery to grind, extract, mix, blend, distill, ferment or otherwise process alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages and to bottle, can or otherwise package beverages
- Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as cooking times, ingredient inputs, flow rates and temperature settings
- Maintain shift log of production and other data.
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines preparatory to operation
- Operate single-function machines to grind, extract, mix, blend, dry, freeze, cook or otherwise process food, beverage or associated products
- Operate single-function machines to box, can or otherwise package food, beverage or associated products
- Check products to ensure conformance to company standards and clear machine blockages as required
- Record production information such as quantity, weight, size, date and type of products packaged
- Perform corrective machine adjustements, clean machines and immediate work areas.
Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
Program Length : One year
The Production Equipment Operation program is designed to train individuals to apply, in whole or in part, the process for manufacturing a product. These individuals will be able to prepare raw and processed materials and machinery; operate conventional or automated production equipment; ensure quality control of manufactured products; handle raw materials and products; prepare products for shipping; and carry out preventive maintenance on the equipment made available to them.