Other titles : aerodynamics engineer, aeronautical engineer, aerospace engineer, aerospace engineer - design and development, aerospace engineer - flight operations, aerospace engineer - weight and balance, aerospace reliability specialist, aerospace structural engineer, aerospace systems engineer, aerospace test engineer, aircraft design engineer, propulsion engineer - aerospace vehicles, weight analyst, aircraft design - engineer, weight and balance engineer - aerospace
Aerospace engineers research, design and develop aerospace vehicles, aerospace systems and their components, and perform duties related to their testing, evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance. They are employed by aircraft and spacecraft manufacturers, air transport carriers, and in government and educational and research institutions.
Main duties :
- Design and develop aerospace vehicles, systems and components such as aircraft, spacecraft, missiles, satellites and space-based communication systems
- Develop and conduct computer simulations of aerospace vehicles, systems and components using advanced mathematical modelling
- Prepare specifications for materials and processes to be used in aerospace manufacturing, maintenance, repair or modification
- Supervise and co-ordinate the manufacturing, assembly, modification, repair and overhaul of aircraft and spacecraft
- Co-ordinate ground and flight tests of air and spacecraft
- Develop operational specifications, maintenance schedules and manuals for operators
- Develop the technical phases of logistical and operational support for aerospace vehicles and systems
Investigate and report on structural or other component or system failures, accidents or incidents and prepare recommendations for corrective action.
Regions where this career
has the best propspects: