Insurance agents and brokers
Other titles : automobile insurance agent, automobile insurance salesman/woman, field agent - insurance, fire insurance agent, fire insurance salesman/woman, general insurance representative, group insurance representative, insurance broker, insurance sales agent, insurance sales representative, insurance sales supervisor, insurance salesman/woman, life insurance agent, life insurance representative, life insurance salesman/woman
Insurance agents and brokers sell life, automobile, property, health and other types of insurance to individuals, businesses and public institutions. Insurance agents are employed by individual insurance companies or are independent representatives of specific insurance companies. Insurance brokers are employed by brokerage firms, or may work in partnerships or hold sole proprietorship. Supervisors of insurance agents are included in this unit group.
Main duties :
- Sell automobile, fire, health, life, property, marine, aircraft and other types of insurance to clients
- Establish client insurance coverage, calculate premiums and establish method of payment
- Provide information concerning group and individual insurance packages, the range of risk coverage, benefits paid and other policy features
- Ensure appropriate forms, medical examinations and other policy requirements are completed
- Monitor insurance claims and respond to clients' enquiries
- Identify and solicit potential clientele
Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
Program length : 3 years
The aim of the Insurance and Financial Advisory Services program is to train individuals to perform various activities related to insurance and financial services.