Other titles : adviser, loans, credit investigator, mortgage loans consultant, officer, banking accounts
Loan officers examine, evaluate and process credit and loan applications. They are employed by banks, trust companies, credit unions and similar financial institutions.
Main duties :
- interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans;
- research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan;
- complete credit and loan documentation;
- submit credit and loan applications to management with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected;
- promote the sale of credit and loan services;
- review and update credit and loan files;
- prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.
Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
Program length : 3 years
The aim of the Insurance and Financial Advisory Services program is to train individuals to perform various activities related to insurance and financial services.