Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
Other titles : adjuster, adjuster - insurance, casualty insurance adjuster, claims adjuster - insurance, claims approver - insurance, claims consultant, claims examiner, production examiner, property adjuster - insurance, settlement management associate, settlement specialist
Insurance adjusters investigate insurance claims and determine the amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies. They are employed in claims departments of insurance companies or as independent adjusters. Insurance claims examiners examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters and authorize payments. They are employed at head offices or branches of insurance companies.
Main duties :
- investigate circumstances surrounding insurance claims to determine validity of claim;
- inspect automobile, home or other property damage;
- take statements and consult with claimants, accident witnesses, doctors and other relevant individuals and examine records or reports;
- determine amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies;
- negotiate settlement of claims;
- prepare adjustment reports.
Insurance claims examiners
- review, examine, calculate and authorize insurance claims investigated by insurance adjusters;
- examine adjusters' reports and similar insurance claims or precedents to determine extent of insurance coverage;
- ensure claims are valid and settlements are made according to company practices and procedures;
- consult lawyers, doctors or other relevant individuals to discuss insurance claims;
- approve automobile, fire, life, disability, dental or other insurance claims.
Regions where this career
has the best propspects:
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
Program length : 3 years
The aim of the Insurance and Financial Advisory Services program is to train individuals to perform various activities related to insurance and financial services.